Saturday, January 07, 2006

Things are Heating up for the Bruins

It's been awhile since I had anything useful to write about regarding the Bruins. I try to watch as many games as I can but for some reason the ones that are played in Canada happen on Thursday. This of course is the worst day for my wife and I. Although right now I only care about ER, I cannot deprive my wife of Will & Grace.

I did manage to catch a couple periods and the Bruins played great, and again Toivenen was outstanding. I am beginning to think we can kiss Raycroft's ass goodbye if Toivenen keeps this up for the rest of the year.

Ottawa was missing Spezza, Pothier, and Alfredson so offensively they were undermaned but the Bruins were missing their leading scorer (Samsanov) and Boynton. Things haven't been all rosey since the trade but they have been better especially on the defence. We just need Zhamnov and Murray to get out of their funks and we might have a winner.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kissed Raycroft's ass goodbye a year ago. Or maybe it was just good night, I can't remember.

TreeBob said...

When you said you kissed his ass goodbye last year, do you mean you thought he sucked or that you thought for sure he would be traded?

Tree said...

All this talk about kissing people's asses is intriguing.

Anonymous said...

Hehe, sorry Jim I gotta stop making anonymous posts. In defense of the Bruins, Boston is a lovely city and Raycroft probably wasn't my lovechild.

Brooke said...

I LOVE it! I'm not the only one who hates missing Thursday TV for a Bruins game! :) The "O.C." is on at 9 pm now, and I can't miss Marissa's little sister coming back. Plus there's "My Name is Earl" and "The Office." But tomorrow's the Flyers -- I can't miss seeing Mike Knuble play! At least the post-game is pretty much done by the time "ER" comes on. Still, things would be so much easier if they Bruins had games on Wednesdays instead!

Oh, also: Kissing Raycroft's ass goodbye -- cracking me up!

TreeBob said...

Some day we will be one of the cool teams that play on Monday's and Wednesday's!!