Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Howl's Wins Award and New Ghibli Fim Announced

Howl's Moving Castle has one the New York Film Critics Circle award for "Best Animation" movie. So the east coast critics like Howl but not the west coast :)

In other news...


This is the poster for the next Studio Ghibli movie entitled Gedo Senki (Gedo War History). It is based on fantasy writer Ursula K Le Guin's "A Wizard of Earthsea,". The projected release date in Japan is July 2006 and will be directed by Hayao Miyazaki's son, Goro Miyazaki.

Interesting to note that Hayao is opposed to Goro directing this film. If you wish to know more on Miyazaki's feeling on the subject go to http://nausicaa.net.

The poster looks great, anything with Dragons in it is good enough for me. I will have to read the book before I see it. I have only read one short story from Le Guin and I enjoyed it.

7 comments:

TreeBob said...

So would I, I am hoping Dorenko or someone else will post the translation for us.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is up to date.

I usually get my Ghibli News from nausicaa.net

Check out the "theater" me and my friends have at my home in ottawa. We watch many Ghibli Films there.

TreeBob said...

Nausica.net is my favourite resource as well! It is nice to know there are other Ghibli fans in my area. I thought I was the only Nausicaa member from here.

Nice site by the way. Come back and check my site often.

Andrea Leite Marques said...

Hi Treebob! Me again! What a coincidence, my last post also included a little comment on the EarthSea new film and that great teaser poster! By the way, I am also receiving (from Amazon this week!) the other book from the VIZ series, "Art of My Neighbour Totoro", mhwa-ha-haaa (horror-film laugh because I am probably going bankrupt with all those "online shopping activities"... Sad, huh?)
Cheers and talk to you soon,
a.

TreeBob said...

Hi Andrea. I bet there are some nice pictures in that Totoro book! Let me know. Post a few if you can.
:)

Andrea Leite Marques said...

I will indeed! Mark gave me a great scanner for Xmas, and I will scan some pics from the book alright!
Cheers!
a.

TreeBob said...

sweeet!