Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Piano Stories IV - The Canadian Connection

I was browsing the internet today and I found something interesting. Atleast it is interesting to Joe Hisaishi fans from Canada ;)

I found out that local Violinist Angele Dubeau and here all women strings group La Pieta were asked by Joe Hisaishi (an admirer) to tour all of Japan with him. They performed concerts in 13 Japanese cities all together. Another article mentioned that they recorded a CD together and with more checking I discovered it to be Piano Stories IV.

She is currently on tour supporting her newest CD Passions and she will be in my area on November 25th. That would be a nice concert to see. I saw a mention that she played Joe Hisaishi's Quartet in G minor during one of her shows in the summer so it is possible she would play it again.

That's all for me. Bruins news next hopefully!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to go to that - if you need me to babysit I'll take care of theresa for you

Tree said...

I'm thinking that was Jeff.
Um, Jim, are you ever gonna post again???