Saturday, November 26, 2005

Hockey Night in Ottawa

I got some tickets to see the Bruins take on the Ottawa Senators at the Corel Centre. I knew going into it they were going to lose so it wasn't to crushing when they lost. The final score was 4-2, but it wasn't really that close. The Bruins acored with less than a minute to go.

I had good seats, right in the first row of the 3rd level so I had a great view of the 2 Bruins goals. Not sure what the official shot total was but I think it was 39 or 40. Raycroft should have stopped 2 of them, especially the wrap around. Not sure what he was looking at, but it certainly wasn't the puck.

I just read that Spezza got credit for the second goal that Meszaros originally scored. That might explain why Raycroft looked like a fool on the goal. He didn't even move and I wasn't sure if he was screened or not. I guess he was just frozen after Spezza tipped it.

It was great to have Leetch back. With him in the line-up we almost have an NHL caliber defensive core. Almost...

Gil was his usual useless self. He coffed up the puck on numerous occasions and just looked lost out there. Let's dump his ass and get us a quick defenceman that can actual keep up with the opposing forwards.

Sullivan played the rotation game on the 1st line without Murray playing. The line couldn't get anything going at all. Boyes and the second line were doing a good job though. I thought Sammy played well tonight, he buzzed around the net almost every shift but noone got free to except a pass. The forwards didn't lose the game for us, Ottawa's defense was amazing. A lot of the shots didn't get through to Hasek.

I hope to go to one more game this year. It might not be Boston but I really don't care. One of my buddies is coming to town and he wants to go to a game so we'll see what games are coming up.

I'm tired and therefore cannot write.
Out!

4 comments:

Tree said...

Glad you liked your game, even though they didn't win. Poor Jimbob.

Unknown said...

Pretty tough to beat the Sens this year, no matter what team it is.

At least you got to see your boys.

Oh, and "Go Canucks!"

Okay, Bruins too...

Unknown said...

Pretty tough to beat the Sens this year, no matter what team it is.

At least you got to see your boys.

Oh, and "Go Canucks!"

Okay, Bruins too...

Brooke said...

"I knew going into it they were going to lose so it wasn't to crushing when they lost."

Aww! I hate it when I have that feeling, but it's pretty common right now.