Sunday, September 25, 2005

Ghibili's Next Wave of DVD's

So it was announced September 23rd that MPAA has given Whisper of the Heart a G rating. Who cares right? Well this means that they seem to have gotten the legal problems out of the way and it may be released in the next wave of Ghibli DVD's. It was announced (in a trailer) that Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle would be coming out in Spring 2006.

Whisper of the Heart was a wonderful movie, and I can't wait to see the dub version to compare the two. I am most excited about the re-release of Totoro though. I loved the original version put out by Fox/Tromo and since I have never seen the original Japanese I can't comment on how close the dub really was. Many say it was horrible, so it will be interestign to see Disney's changes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a copy of the Japanese Toroto DVD. The Subtitles are really good. If you want a copy of it I'm sure I could hook you up.

Apparently the FOX video (American) release of Totoro is Full screen, and therefore is missing some of the video. Also, the dub isn't really any good.

TreeBob said...

I will wait and see how the new dub is and maybe if it sucks I will give you a shout. Thanks for the offer!