Thursday, February 23, 2006

Back From the Dead!

My first post in 3 weeks! After my final post many moons ago my youngest son began vomiting and then, because I felt bad for him, I did too! It was the best Birthday gift any many could receive! My vomiting began at 2:30 February 4th and during one of my 10 minute naps in the morning I was awoken by the angelic sounds of my 2nd son barfing! Thankfully, son number one had recovered enough to eat and function but son two and I spent the next 24 hours on the couch sleeping and puking.

After recovering, my wife decided it would be fun for her to get sick (cold, flu, and 3 infections) as well. This lasted around 2 weeks and just when we thought it was clearing up the GI that the family and I shared finally caught up to her. Things are looking better now and I am feeling the urge to write a little bit. My wife on the other hand, no matter how sick she got, had no problem keeping up with her blog!

I know this sounds like a lot of excuses...and they are! In the end I guess I just haven't felt inspired to write at all. So what's been going on with ya'll? Not many people have been coming around lately, so I need to spice things up!

First up is the great news about the Gedo Senki / Tales of Earthsea trailer that was just released. It hasn't really been "released" yet but it was shown on a TV station that has promoted Studio Ghibli in the past. The official trailer is set to be released on an unprecedented 2000 screens. You can watch the trailer below and also check out the link above for a much longer version of the promotional video. Gedo Senki Trailer If you have trouble viewing the movie in RealAudio you can get a great codec here.

In other news the Olympics are on, and I love every minute of it. Much to the dismay of my family I'm sure. Canada has faired pretty well and with 2 days to go they are sitting in a tie for 4th with 19 metals. We are guaranteed either a Gold or Silver today with the men's Curling final later in the day.

I am particularly proud of the ski team. They are very young and have finished higher than expected. This is a good sign for the 2010 Games coming up in Vancouver, Canada. I am not however proud of the men's Hockey team! They flat out sucked ass. They thought they could muscle and hit their way to a metal but that strategy back-fired big time. Canada was actually shut out in 3 of their games! Hopefully we will put together a team that mixes some size with some speedy wingers. Thankfully many of Canada's seniors will have retired by the next Olympics and we will have a lot of fresh blood.

3 comments:

TreeBob said...

France is tied for 12th in medals.

I love rowing as well. Canada kicks ass in it! That's about the only thing we are good at in the summer.

There is definetly no love in the Miyazaki household. I need to give the whole diary a read. I am behind.

Brooke said...

Crazy sickness! Umm . . . At least you got it all over with in a couple weeks? I hope that was it for you all 'til next winter!

Going down memory lane, yeah, how 'bout that Olympic hockey? I think the best part is that P.J. Axelsson got a medal.

TreeBob said...

The family just got over being sick all last week!

PJ was great, but I gotta be proud of my Canadian boys and girls!