Thursday, July 22, 2004

HTML and Blogging

I hate HTML and all other languages as well. A bunch of gibberish.

I need to learn SQL to work with Microsoft Access better. I am looking forward to taking a course, not because it is a language, rather it will help me do my job better. My work deals with the creation of our division database and its maintenance.

I don't need to have all the frilly things many database people use so there is not much need of programming in mine. I do however query a lot. From time to time I need some information in the database, I know what I want displayed but I don't know the proper way of doing it. It makes me furious knowing it can be done, and I am just to ignorant to figure it out. 

For the past year I have been trying to take a course with a training company to learn SQL. Unfortunately, the course keeps getting cancelled due to a lack of people signing up for it. The fourth rescheduled date is coming up next month but I am not holding my breath.

Looks like I will have to use a book and teach myself, bt the problem with that is a lack of time. People always want to talk to you when you are in the office so it will take forever.

Well enough of that.

I hope I didn't bore you too much with my first blog, but hey it is my blog and I am here to bitch. :)



No comments: